Thursday, March 6, 2008

Guys Like Me Don't Cool Down . . . We're Way Too Tough For That.

Ummmm . . . what? No . . . seriously . . . what? No gang memoirs from a woman's perspective? How about Grace After Midnight, by Felicia Pearson? Other than that . . . I'm ok with the article, I guess, except that it adds nothing to the discussion.

Also, good stuff here. The reviews for this book are hilarious.

This is a must read for the Fire Sarah McGrath and Everyone Else crowd. What's going on over there at Riverhead Books?

Also, "Misha: Insulting Holocaust Bullshit" has apparently been made into a "successful film" according to this article. Needless to say, I will do everything in my power to see, and maybe even own, this movie . . . and here it is!!

Wait, wait, one more. The original review from Michiko Kakutani . . . on whom I will now steady my Eye of Sauron.

2 comments:

MartiniCocoa said...

I know... has Sarah McGRath ever watched
The Wire?

Who are these people who are so disconnected from life yet work in media?

The Evil Scientist said...

Quite right. I'm disgusted by this collection of snobbish, upper-class Manhattan douche-bag literary types. From their thrones, they feel no shame in certifying something as "authentic" without even the slightest notion of what the actual truth might look like. Shame on them.