Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Right On, Man! Kick Ass!

Good stuff from the L.A. Times.
Interesting stuff here about narcissism and racism. I totally buy this characterization of publishers and readers, and the writer makes a great point: there are already tons of "memoirs" and true stories about inner-city life, about crime, about exactly the material plundered by Margaret Seltzer, but those stories are written by black people and are found in "African American Studies" or "African American Literature", and therefore no white people in America are interested in reading them. As a former book-store turd, I have witnessed this first-hand.
Another blog.
I couldn't possibly love this more. Everything about it. It's the champ.
Also, this might be the best idea for a website ever. My jaw is HANGING in awe. THE BEST WEBSITE I'VE EVER VISITED. So on the money I'm pretty much beside myself. And I'm white, so I'd know. I'm not sure what it has to do with Sarah McGrath, but someone nominated "Making Shit Up and Publishing It As a Memoir" for this list in the comments section of the above link.

No comments: