Wednesday, March 5, 2008

If I Were Hulk Hogan, I'd Be Wagging My Finger Right Now!

It gets worse! Apparently Ms. McGrath actually wants us to fire her! Read this shit!

Also, as evidence that we should fire everyone (and I do mean everyone), I offer the following statement from the publisher:

Riverhead is saddened by this turn of events. We feel bad for our readers, Peggy and her family.

Riverhead relies on authors to tell us the truth. Indeed, an author promises us the truth in their publishing agreement. When it became known that the author was misrepresenting her personal story we took it seriously, moved very quickly and attempted to corroborate new information we were presented with.

Prior to publication the author provided a great deal of evidence to support her story: photographs, letters; parts of Peggy's life story in another published book; Peggy's story had been supported by one of her former professors; Peggy even introduced the agent to people who misrepresented themselves as her foster siblings.

Riverhead is recalling the book as well as cancelling the author's bookstore and media appearances.

Marilyn Ducksworth, SVP, Executive Director of Publicity, Riverhead Books

These motherfuckers can't spell the word "canceling"! Holy hell.

Also, please don't eat tomatoes or drink any milk before listening to this, as I'm told those food-stuffs are extra gross on the rebound, if you get my drift, or the drift of my homies serving life sentences.

And while you're blasting puke, you might take a moment to read the original Home & Whatever interview with Ms. Seltzer. I had a real hard time with this one, like par-boiled pig's feet.

More to come. I'm a man on a mission! I cain't be stopped!

No comments: